Get your library card!
Residents of the City of Wetaskiwin, the County of Wetaskiwin, and neighbouring Indigenous communities are eligible for a FREE library card. Temporary residents, non-residents, and institutions may also acquire a card for a fee.
Please note that photo ID and proof of address must be presented when registering for a library card. Library memberships must be renewed every year with proof of address.
f you lose your card please contact the library as soon as possible. Replacement cards are issued at a cost of $2 per individual or $5 maximum for a family.
Annual Membership Cost
Residents of City, County,
*Non-System patrons are library patrons who do not live in an area of Alberta where they have their own library system and do not partake in ME Libraries.
**Temporary Residents are library patrons who do not live in Alberta but will be staying here for a month or more and wish to use the library
In addition to government issued photo ID, you must also present proof of address when acquiring a library card. Here are some examples of qualifying documents:
- Proof of Residence issued by the landlord of a Commercial Property Management Company
- Proof of Residence issued by the responsible authority of a First Nations band or reserve
- Proof of Residence issued by the responsible authority of a Supportive Living Facility or Treatment Center
- Bank/credit card statement or personal cheque
- Correspondence issued by a school, college or university
- Government cheque or cheque stub
- Income/property tax assessment notice
- Insurance policy or coverage card
- Letter from a public curator, public guardian or public trustee
- Pension Plan statement of benefits, contributions or participation
- Residential lease or mortgage statement
- Statement of government benefits, for example:
- Employment insurance
- Old-age security
- Social assistance,
- Disability support, or
- Child tax benefit
- Utility bill, for example:
- Public Utilities Commission
- Television, or
- Hydro, gas or water
- Vehicle ownership, registration or insurance certificate
Library materials not returned on or before the due date will accumulate fines.
Books, magazines, audiobooks, and graphic novels are charged $0.35 per day. Movies, Fast Flicks, Fast Fiction, music CDs, storytime-in-a-bag, book club kits, video games, and Kobos are charged $1.50 per day.
Fines accumulate to a maximum of $20.00 per item.
The library maintains a special collection of items that may be loaned for a fee. These include things like board games, giant yard and indoor games, kits, digital projectors, record players etc.
If you are looking for something specific, or would like to inquire about pricing, please contact the library.